Saturday, July 3, 2010

Pink Toes, Red Dirt



As you may gather from my blog, I have many different hobbies and interests. There are many different sides to my personality, and sometimes they can be inconsistent. In most ways, I am a very traditional, feminine, girly-girl type. But at the same time, I can be pretty adventurous. I like animals, even creepy crawlies (I prefer reptiles to mammals any day), and I even love the great outdoors (when it's not too hot). When I do go on adventures though, it often clashes with my girly-girl clothes—you can often find me climbing a tree or splashing though a river in a pink dress. Yesterday I headed up to Zion's Camp, a campground that my grandparents have been the caretakers of for most of my life, to take some pictures because they'll soon be leaving it. And because it's gorgeous. I put on my sparkly flip flops, filled my purse with water and a walkie-talkie, and clipped on an Off fan (works pretty well by the way), and headed off into the forest. No matter how many times I climb through blackberry bushes in shorts, a t-shirt, and open-toed shoes, I can never seem to remember that it's not such a great idea. It was a fun day out in the peaceful beauty of nature, and I even found a couple of very cooperative butterflies.










No comments:

Post a Comment