Thursday, September 30, 2010

Why I haven't posted in a million years

I am now, as I like to call myself, a stay-at-home Auntie. I get to spend all day doing my 3 favorite things—playing with kiddos, cleaning, and cooking. And I have to tell you, I now have the utmost respect for stay-at-home moms, especially those who find time to do anything else, like blogging. It's not that it's necessarily difficult, and I love the work that it takes, but it is more exhausting than anything else ever in the whole world. I'm not even exaggerating. I don't really know why, but something about being a Holly Homemaker, no matter how fun and simple it seems, just sucks all the energy out of you. It also doesn't help that in addition to being a stay-at-home Auntie I'm trying to be a 20-year-old girl with a social life. Almost every night I hang out with friends from right after dinner (or after making it but before getting a chance to eat it) until 2 or 3 in the morning, which is the small amount of free time that most moms have to do anything other than take care of the kids. I thought I'd be great at getting little to no sleep with kids because I easily survived keeping up with college on 4 or 5 hours of sleep a night. But let me tell you, college is a cinch! It may take more brain power, but it's nothing compared to running a household. And I'm only a part time stay-at-home Aunt. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, just explaining. It's definitely worth it. It's the best job in the world! How could it not be with these adorable kiddos?

No comments:

Post a Comment