Saturday, April 16, 2011

Mount Horeb

I just got to Wisconsin! Until now, Utah was the farthest East I'd been in about 12 years. I left my mom's house at 5:30 am and got to my sister's house at 11:30 pm. Of course, we lost two hours so it was only 16 hours, and that's flying. I'll spare you the long story of my family's crazy bad luck, but before I head off to bed I have to mention some of the highlights of this fabulous town I'll be staying in for the next week. Apparently, Mount Horeb is the Troll Capital of the World. If you don't know much about these fantastical creatures, here's a little info from their brochure (or their website, here):

"Most trolls are shaggy and look a bit frightening, but are mostly good-natured and naive. It is advised to maintain a good relationship with trolls as they are often known to be guarding treasures of gold or gemstones-in our case, they guard the friendly people and wonderful attractions of our community!

"Our trolls are known to relax outside watering flowers, tending chickens, playing music or just plain ol' hamming it up for your viewing pleasure!

"[One of these trolls, The Accordion Player] once captured the attention of a busload of Norwegian tourists who also happened to be accordian players. According to Mike, the bus unloaded, the passengers disembarked with their accordians- and much to the delight of onlookers- proceeded to serenade the troll for at least 20 minutes!"

No comments:

Post a Comment