Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Macaroni Grill Bread

Whenever I tell people that I love cooking, the first thing they ask is what my specialty or favorite thing to cook is. This is a hard question for me, because honestly there aren't even many things I've made more than once. My favorite thing is trying or making up new recipes. I especially love to eat something delicious at a restaurant then try to copy it at home.

Recently, my sister and I went to Macaroni Grill and she asked me to find a good recipe for the amazing rosemary bread. I tried this recipe and this one, and the latter is spot on! They use basically the same ingredients, but the proportions make a huge difference. To make it perfect, I would add a tiny bit more than the original 2 cups of flour, but definitely not the full 2 1/2, because that's how much was in the other recipe, and it made it much too dense. Also, I would just mix in all of the rosemary, because even if it's kind of pretty, it's also kind of pointless and not quite as tasty. The most important adjustment though is to pop the bread back the broiler or toaster oven for a couple of minutes after you butter and salt it, this gives you the amazing crispy crust that makes Macaroni Grill bread so scrumptious. Guess which one is the winner…











Mmmmmmm, don't you just want to reach into the computer and eat that, I know I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment