Sunday, June 27, 2010

Simple Starter Cookies

So far I've neglected to talk about what is arguably my favorite hobby, and the one I've been doing the longest: cooking. I was raised never using recipes, they're just a hassle right? Even though I've learned to love them more over the years, I still like to have a basic starting point then make it my own. Baking is much more precise, but if you know what you're doing (I hope you do, because I don't) you can still be creative. Here's a great jumping off point for basic cookies—I can't guarantee that they'll be amazing, but they're easy to memorize and add to.

Just remember TWO:

2 sticks of butter
2 cups of flour
2 cups of sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons baking powder

Bake at 350 for 10 min? (I'm making this part up, so you'll want to check them every so often)

Play around with it. Add some chocolate chips or nuts (guess how much, that's right 2 cups). Switch out half the fat for peanut butter or shortening. Let me know if you come up with a great twist!

No comments:

Post a Comment