Monday, June 20, 2011

1 Year

Wow, I can't believe it. Today it's been exactly one year since I very first started this blog. I know some people have hundreds of followers within a few weeks, but I kind of needed to practice and get used to blogging first. Well, today's the day, I'm going to start commenting on other blogs, linking up with buttons, joining flickr groups, and see if anyone likes my blog. It's kind of a weird thing, I feel like I'm going to my first day of a new school and trying to make friends all over again. I've never been one to reach out and try to be popular though, I usually sit in a corner and hope someone wants to come say hi to me. But I'm having a lot of fun blogging, and I want to be better at it and hopefully even meet some of the amazing people out there in the blog world. So thank you to my 8 faithful followers, especially the 2 or three who might actually read this occasionally, and wish me luck!

So, for any new visitors who might stop by and any old friends who want to know why I started this blog, here's a bit about me:

Hi. My name is Kelli, and I want to be a blogger. I want to be a great seamstress and share tutorials for the cutest things you've ever seen, but I've only used my sewing machine about 3 times in the last year. I want to be a fashionista with tips on all the hottest trends, but my closet is full of nothing but thrift shop finds and hand-me-downs. I want to be an interior designer inspiring amazing rooms, but I lived in a neon green and baby pink room for half of my life. I want to be a world class chef with magnificent techniques and recipes, but I'm barely a cook and my experiments fail at least as often as they work. I want to be an adorable momma telling you hilarious anecdotes about my cute kiddos, but I'm just an auntie who's not nearly ready to think about that yet. The truth is, I'm not much of anything yet, and I don't have much of anything to share, but I love doing everything and anything, and I'm setting out to learn all about this big wide world and all it has to offer. So come along with me and join in my crazy adventures, or just laugh at my misadventures.

1 comment: