Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Colors

The first step in planning a wedding is deciding on the colors. You can't really start making decorations or picking out dresses if you don't know what color they need to be. My favorite colors are pink orange and yellow, and Brian's favorite color is blue, but I had no idea what shades we liked best or would go together. To help us decide, I thought I'd get some paint chips.


66 paint chips to be exact.


Now, I don't have a drivers' license yet, let alone a car or free time, so I have to take advantage of the times I go out and use them to the fullest. My sister and I had been shopping all day and only had a few minutes to get back to preschool to pick up Dean, when I suddenly remembered I wanted to stop by Home Depot. I literally ran in and ran out (and ran all over the store trying to find the paint chips, because it wasn't set up like the Home Depot I was used to). I didn't have time to carefully sort through and find the ones I liked, so I just grabbed every pink, orange, yellow, or blue chip I saw.


113 colors. Hopefully we can find four we like.


To make them a little more manageable (and to make them fit in my notebook) I cut all the colors into 113 half inch squares (remember when I warned you I'm a little bit crazy?).


It looks like I'm doing a 3rd grade mosaic art project. Is anyone else in the world this intense about picking wedding colors? Probably not.


Now time to narrow down. A lot of colors were almost exactly the same, and some I just didn't like.


64 made the cut. That's almost down to half, getting closer.


Then I arranged them into color schemes to see how they actually looked together. Originally I loved the bright colors with the sea-foam green, but I started leaning towards more of a vintage-y pastel or darker since it's a fall wedding, not spring.


Notice the one that's circled isn't any of my starred favorites.


But of course the final pick was determined by what we could get. And these were the colors of skinny ties available. I'm sure we could get skinny ties in any color imaginable, but how could I pass up $2 ties with free shipping? We got all 14 ties for the wedding party for less than my shoes (and my shoes were pretty cheap).


The colors we decided on were kind of an average of my other favorites, I love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment