Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Samples

I'm back in Reno right now, only for a week. I've got a lot to cram in between babysitting my nieces and nephew to be, hashing out wedding dress details with my wonderful big sis, getting engagement pics taken, and figuring out a million wedding details because this is all the time I have to get Brian's opinions on things before I go back to Lincoln to do pretty much everything done for the wedding in the mere 2 1/2 weeks of actual planning/getting things done time I have left.

To kick start this big week of decisions, I made some samples of different food ideas and set up a little preview of what the reception will be like for Brian and his family to try out when they cake to pick me up. There are some tweaks needed for a few of the recipes, but the only one that was a definite no was the salted orange caramel shortbread recipe. It seems to be popular right now, but I must admit, I am not a fan of salted caramel. At least not how this recipe did it. It seemed so promising too, but the salt was all you could taste. There may be some hope yet, at least for the carmel shortbread idea, but the salt needs to be cut in half at least.









1 comment:

  1. Yum! I'm a huge fan of the salted caramel hot chocolate at Starbucks, so I'm sad that shortbread recipe didn't work out :(. I'm a sucker for salty-sweet :).

    ReplyDelete