Monday, June 13, 2011

Dear Ikea,

I NEED these. Honest I do. via


As a long time Ikea customer, I thank you for providing quality, stylish products at an affordable price. Items from Ikea can be found in my bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, and living room; as well as my plans for my future dream home. My fiancé and I often go to Ikea and talk about what furniture we will fill our house with some day. In fact, I even plan on using Ikea pieces as part of our wedding decor, such as Kardemumma pots and Blomster candlesticks.

However, there is one product in particular which I have been wanting for some time, but sadly now that my big day has come, I found that they have been discontinued. The Färm vases which I used to admire and long for every time that I went to Ikea are no longer available. Upon making this discovery, I immediately searched online to see if I could find these beautiful vases through another source, and I was shocked at what I found. No where on Amazon, eBay, or Craigslist was a single seller offering Färm vases. Yet a google search did show an extreme demand for them. Search results led me to hundreds of desperate customers searching for this exact product, especially brides-to-be each hoping to find 50 or more vases to complete their wedding decor. One particularly poignent example can be found at this popular wedding site, in which several brides arrange to ship a single set of much sought after Färm vases back and forth across the country every few weeks so that each can make these splendid products a part of their most important days.

I understand that business can be difficult, and I trust that trained experts made the decision to discontinue the Färm vases. But even with my small knowledge of economics, it seems to me that the demand far exceeds the supply. I don't know what the reasons were for discontinuing this product, but I do know that if it were in any way possible to start producing Färm vases once more, not only would it make thousands of customers extremely grateful, but I also believe we would be willing to pay whatever price is necessary to make it profitable to continue providing this magnificent product. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Kelli Wiswell


Sure it's a bit melodramatic, but my English teacher always told me that an emotional appeal is a very useful rhetorical device. via

No comments:

Post a Comment