Thursday, June 30, 2011

Mock Mommy Purse

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago my strange need to be prepared for absolutely anything. I remember watching the movie One Fine Day as a kid, and my favorite part of the movie was a scene where the mom has to out of the blue make two superhero costumes using just what she can find in her purse, and I wanted to be just like that when I grew up. (I tried to find the clip on youtube, but no luck. You'll just have to trust me.)

When I was in school, my backpack (and purse as I got older) always had everything you could possibly imagine needing for any school project—scissors, tape, glue, colored pencils, a ruler, a calculator—everything that the teacher usually has for you, but I didn't want to have to bother with that. But once I was out of school, I didn't have anything to be prepared for, so my purse just held the usual phone, wallet, and keys.

But a few months ago, I randomly decided one day that I had to stock my purse with all sorts of things just in case any sort of emergency arose. So I went to Target, and bought a mini first aid kit, Q-tips, a fold-up brush, a Tide To Go pen, and about a million other things that seemed like they might be important to have one day.

But of course I couldn't just throw them right into my purse, or it would be a huge mess and I'd never find anything. So I'd been meaning to make a purse organizer all this time, and finally got around to it today. Hit me with your best shot Murphy's Law, I'm ready for anything!






So what's in my non-mommy bag? Let me tell you:

Tide To Go
Flashlight
Lint roller
Febreeze To Go
Lotion
Brush
Mirror
Hair-ties (my hair is about 2 inches long, but other girls are always needing them)
Chapstick
Q-tips
Scotch tape
Hot pink duct tape
Scissors
Pen
4 different kinds of glue
4 AA batteries
Safety pins
Needles
Thread
Cough drops
Ibuprofen
Band-aids (in all shapes, sizes, and colors)
Alcohol pads
Tweezers
Nail clippers (with file)
Hand sanitizer
Wet wipes
Tissues
Girly things
Altoids
Wallet
Camera
iPod

1 comment:

  1. Yay! You finally found a good project for that fabric.

    ReplyDelete